- When attending celebratory events, don’t talk about sad things such as
grief and death. Don’t attend with a sad or depressed countenance.
- When in mourning, do not attend parties or celebrations, send gifts instead,
- While wearing mourning (funeral) clothes, do not go to public places. Don’t
stop to watch celebrations.
- When attending a wedding ceremony with many guests, don’t kid around
or tell silly jokes.
- Don’t laugh at funerals.
- When attending funeral services in a private home/residence where the
deceased person is in a casket for viewing, do not sing or play music.
- When having a meal at a home with a funeral service, don’t drink alcohol
to the extent that your face turns red.
- Clothing worn for funeral services should be removed and taken off before